NATIONAL 4-H WEEK
NATIONAL 4-H WEEK CONTEST
National 4-H Week is a time to celebrate 4-H and spread the word about Cornell Cooperative Extension’s exciting 4-H Youth Development Program. There are several ways to celebrate the week through participating in an activity or contest!
4-H Secretary Book Contest
Club secretary should deliver the completed book to the 4-H Office by Friday October 11th. All books will be judged and given a ribbon. The top 3 blue ribbon books will receive $10.00, $7.50, and $5.00 respectively.
- Must be in Wyoming County store or business window, school or bank - a place where it will be seen by the public.
- Must pertain to the theme- "Inspire Kids To Do"
- Must include club name and 4-H week dates, October 6-12, 2019.
- Must be in place by 6:00PM October 6th and remain in place through Saturday, October 19th (almost 2 weeks).
- Be sure to notify the 4-H office by Tuesday, October 8th regarding the location of the exhibit. (585-786-2251)
- Awards for the display will be Blue awards- $15.00, Red awards-$12.50. In addition-1st, 2nd and 3rd blues will receive an additional $5.00, $4.00, and $3.00 respectively.
- One poster per club or individual. (Poster should not be part of “display contest.”)
- Posters must be on standard poster board, 22" by 28"
- Poster must include the following information:
- National 4-H Week dates - October 6-12, 2019
- 4-H club name and contact info for the 4-H Office:
Address: 36 Center Street, Suite B, Warsaw, NY 14569
- Incorporate the theme: “Inspire Kids To Do”
- Any media may be used: paint, magic markers, etc.
- Poster must be put up in a public place in the county by 6:00PM on Sunday, October 6th.
- Be sure to notify the 4-H Office by Tuesday October 8th as to where the posters are placed, (585-786-2251). Posters will be
picked up by Friday, October 18th
and returned to the 4-H office for judging. Please ask the storekeeper to save the poster until pick up!
- All posters will receive a ribbon and cash incentive. Blue ribbons will receive $3.00, red ribbons $2.00, and white $1.00. Also, the first blue will receive $5.00, second blue $4.00, and third blue $3.00.
- Topic: “Inspire Kids To Do”
- Awards will be offered in 3 age categories:
- Ages 8-11, essay must be at least 50 words.
- Ages 12-15, essay must be at least 150 words
- Ages 16 and older, essay must be at least 250 words.
- Essays must be written, typed or printed neatly so they can be easily read.
- Essays are due by Friday, October 11th at the 4-H Office, 36 Center Street, Suite B, Warsaw, NY 14569 for judging. Blues - $3.00, Reds- $2.00, & Whites - $1.00. The 1st blue in each group will receive $5.00, 2nd blue - $4.00, 3rd blue - $3.00.
Letter to the Editor Contest
- Topic: “Inspire Kids To Do”
- Letters must be printed in local newspapers (Batavia Daily, Country Courier, Arcade Herald, Perry Herald) during National 4-H Week.
- Notify the 4-H Office that you have submitted a Letter to the Editor
- Prizes: Blues - $3.00, Reds - $2.00, & Whites - $1.00. The 1st blue in each group will receive $5.00, 2nd blue - $4.00, 3rd blue- $3.00.
Last updated September 25, 2019